Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Happy Birthday Baba

Home FIVE days now and we cannot believe how well Phoebe June is doing.  People, she has not had 1 night terror since being home.  Our God is mighty and a great Healer.  I'm not suggesting that we've seen the last of them, but I'm not saying we haven't.  All I know for now is that reversing our clocks again has been hard, and when we get restful sleep (AT NIGHT!) it is a huge blessing😴.  Speaking of sleep, tonight she actually fell asleep in her high chair, with her snack unfinished and didn't wake up when I put her in bed.  Maybe between the 4 of us, we're wearing her out😂

Today was Dwight's BiRtHdAy and since we couldn't possibly take him out to dinner (because we're cocooning and trying to keep Phoebe's world as small as possible for a while!) the girls and myself decided that we were going to tag team all day long to be able to make him his favorite (time intensive) meal.  We succeeded and he was surprised!   and we made a really big deal about his birthday and singing and blowing out candles and our little girl just loved it!!!  She got my phone and pulled up the pictures we have of her on her 2nd and 3rd birthdays with frosting on her mouth to show she had done what Baba was doing!  We're in love and thrilled by her ability to communicate with minimal verbal language.  Her receptive speech is impressive too.

Today, the girls and I were discussing how we loved China.  Yes, there is smog.  But we live in the Inland Empire, and clean air is nothing we can brag about😷.  People do spit often and we think that's gross.  Chinese people work hard, they're extremely recourceful and helpful.  I especially enjoy how genuine they are because that's just fun to be around. They have some of the yummiest food .  In fact we're in search of a great Hot Pot resteraunt  as well as a fabulous authentic Noodle resteraunt (we will not be denied that spicy cucumber sauce salad😱)  I'm not in love with their superstitious beliefs, but I've seen plenty of that junk here in the U.S. as well.

Today I read a blogpost by my very favorite blogger (because we're kindred spirits for sure!!!) and I have never been able to relate more to a post.  Remember my last post about fear?  Well if I was a better writer, I would've described it the way Ann does.  It was as if I had written so many of my own thoughts down.  So much so, that I took the time to share the whole post with Dwight.  I got all choked up and he understood all of it, because we stepped out together and our faith and love are greater for it.  If you'd like to check it out, it's at A Holy Experience.  But I'd like to leave you with a couple of her quotes to think on in your own life☺️

Even if you don’t feel like enough — you have to risk enough — or you will die without ever having lived enough.

Death by living is far preferable to death by being too scared to really live at all. 

There’s some risks you have got to take because it turns out you can’t live not taking them. 
You can’t live with dreams drying up inside you like some dying and parched riverbed.

You clearly not being enough  —- is what makes the enoughness of God most clearly seen. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi!! Been wondering how you are doing. Was going to text today but decided to see if there was something on the blog and not bother you. I have been involved in moving my parents and office work so have taken the time to do much else. Pictures are so sweet!! Happy Belated Bday, Dwight!! This post was almost a week and a half ago so do one again and I will keep looking!

    ReplyDelete