Saturday, March 19, 2016

Shamien Island and a Day off

No appointments today, after breakfast we made the short trip to Shamian island for sightseeing, pictures, and souvenier shopping. Phoebe had her stamp made at Michaels Place, and we all enjoyed shopping at A Gift From China. Phoebe also got a pair of red "squeaky shoes" that she really enjoys wearing. We had a nice lunch at Lucy's, and took a few pictures inside the White Swan hotel next to the waterfall. Unfortunately the famous "red couch" was thrown out during renovations a few years ago so we couldn't get that picture. The entire area is so beautiful, with the lush foliage, Colonial architecture, and bronze statues, it really was a joy to spend time there, we may go back tomorrow just to walk around and take in the scenery again. Phoebe did throw a couple tantrums during our outing. As she gets more comfortable with us she seems to be trying to establish herself as the leader of our family and she doesn't always do well when we don't do things her way. After returning to the hotel, we all took a long walk and ended up traveling beyond the beaten "tourist" path. Looking forward to another day of adventure tomorrow.

I have pictures, but I'm on my phone and can't get them to upload to the phone. I'll see if I can get it to work and add them later.

Please pray that Phoebe will sleep on the plane trip on the way home and that they will continue to transition smoothly.









2 comments:

  1. Try to find some lavender oil or something similar for calming on the plane!
    Lots of prayers! God is in control & won't give you more than you can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is so adorable with her head bobbing!! She likes music!! Maybe that is the ticket to calm - headphones and music!!! Love the pictures in this post!! She is so sweet (at least in these pics when she is not tantruming)!!! The backpack one is my very favorite!! So she wants to be alpha dog, eh? Hmmmm…how does a 3 year old know that? Could it be the sin nature? Ha ha! I am so happy for you! But I am glad children are when you are young!! I am so tired caring for my parents, I need a 7 pm bedtime!! Thanks for the pics and update. Looks beautiful there!! We have a friend going to China for 2 months of treatment for a major stroke. Will have to tell him about the hotel. I am not sure where he is headed.

    ReplyDelete