Saturday, March 26, 2016

Day 1 at Home

First of all, thank you Brian and Erica for taking over with the blog!  We read through all of it today and couldn't of done a better job ourselves.  And your last post for us is perfect, we appreciate your thoughtfulness to share what we couldn't quite put together.  Your "been there, done that" experience is evident๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

And to Phoebe's fans that met us at the airport and gave us the royal treatment, thank you, thank you, thank you!  We can't wait to show Phoebe how loved and prayed for and celebrated she was before you ever knew her๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’ž. Friends, our hearts are full!

We're home and day 1 is finally over.  It's 1:30am and our girl just went to sleep (to be honest, I didn't even try to put her down until now because we didn't wake up until 5pm today).  She had a full day of playdough and stickers, some water play with the hose and lots of hugs and kisses. Anytime someone walked out to the backyard to take trash out she wanted to follow them, she's exploring already!!!  Tonight when I put on my beloved Tula, she reached up and said "mama, help".  She makes good use of the few English words she knows.  She put her arms on my neck and pulled me down to kiss her cheek and asked for Baba.  I took her back to see him sleeping in the bed and she shook her head yes and we left the room (she and I are sleeping in the front room so that we don't keep D up all night, since he has to go back to work on Monday.  But she has been sleeping between us since she joined our family so she expects to see him when it's time for bed).  Then she put her head on my chest and was out cold in 2 minutes. I'm so blessed to call this sweetie our daughter!  Amazed and in awe of her ability to adapt to all of the changes she's experienced in the past two weeks.

Tonight as I reflect on the last two years, I'm reminded of how afraid we were to venture into the unknown territory of international adoption.  How we had this great desire, but fear did have a grip on us.  I remember us discussing the fact that we have an enemy that tries to keep us in bondage, but we also have a Prince that came to rescue us.  Jesus defeated the enemy on the cross.  His love truly conquered all!  The timing of all of this reflection and the fact that our first day home is Good Friday has been deep for me.

"These three remain, 'faith, hope, and love, these tgree; but the greatest of these is love."  1 Corinthians 13:13

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and knowledge, and thought I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."  
1 Corinthians 13:1-2

These two verses remind me that faith is not the vital force to life, although we know from Hebrews 11:6 that it is impossible to please God without faith.  Faith only works by love (Galations 5:6). The enemy wants to hold us in bondage to fear.  We believe that fear has two opposites...faith and LOVE!  This is so important because this next verse doesn't say faith casts out fear, but rather love!


 "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.  But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."   1 John
5:10 

Just reminding myself tonight how glad I am that love ruled our hearts and fear didn't win.  Fear has no right to stick around when we have that kind of conquering love.  Praising Him from whom all blessings flow tonight with tears in my eyes, as I watch our newest daughter slumber peacefully while taking slow deep breaths.    ☺️❤️๐Ÿ˜ด

And because it's now 3am and I can't decide which pictures to share, here are all of them๐Ÿ˜œ


6 comments:

  1. It has been amazing following your story. It has been 9 years since our last adoption. There are so many memories that have been re-ignited since I started reading your blog. My family is so thankful that God has given you so many blessings during this chapter of life. We will keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hansen family! We love that you were there to love on our girl before we could get to her. We'll tell her about you all some day, and like you said, maybe you'll see her again one of these days:). Side note, did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get an e-mail from you. I think that it might be time to get away from my 20 year old netzero account. Will you try hanclanof6@gmail.com I would like to switch over to that one.

      Delete
  3. So happy you are home!!! God is soo good!!! I am leaving this morning to go home too after bringing Lydia back from spending the week with me!!! Keep blogging for awhile!!! Love hearing and seeing the Lord working!!!! Love you!!! Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that love won out! Thanks for the new pictures and the update. Praying for you as you continue to recover from jet lag and get used to life at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do keep blogging for a while. Want to give you time to adjust, but if you want to go for a walk or something, give me a text. When you are ready for visits, let me know. I understand it may take months & I will try to be patient (not my strength at all ;) you know). She is just so cute & you all looked overjoyed at the airport. Thank you for letting us be part of her arrival & for letting us crash your In'N'Out dinner. Love you & will continue to pray for you to adjust.

    ReplyDelete